Solarity Connector links Lexmark MFPs to leading scanning and indexing software for medical records
LEXINGTON, Ky., Feb. 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
- Lexmark International, Inc., a global imaging leader, today announced a new imaging solution that connects Lexmark multifunction printers (MFPs) to EDCO Health Information Solutions' Solarity® platform, one of the world's leading scanning and indexing software solutions for medical records.
- The Solarity Connector enables hospitals to use a Lexmark MFP at the point of care to capture clinical information into the Solarity workflow, helping facilities reach HIMSS Stage 7 through state-of-the-art technology to improve quality of care and patient safety.
- The solution is the newest in a suite of Lexmark Healthcare products that integrate digital and physical content within core healthcare applications to help providers make informed decisions, enable growth, and save time and money.
- The Solarity Connector takes the complexity out of the information capture process by enabling providers to easily scan a stack of documents on a Lexmark MFP without specifying patient or document types. The images can be previewed on the MFP touchscreen and are then automatically indexed by the Solarity software.
- In a hospital environment, the Lexmark MFP provides a workflow kiosk for clinical operations, enabling hospitals to consolidate devices and create more workspace for clinicians.
- To be validated as a HIMSS Stage 7 hospital, clinically relevant documents must be available in the electronic medical record within 24 hours of creation. Capturing documents at the point of care using the Solarity Connector on a Lexmark MFP enables healthcare facilities to meet this requirement.
- Lexmark is featuring the Solarity Connector at this week's 2017 HIMSS Annual Conference & Exhibition (booth #1961) in Orlando, Florida.
"Hospitals that strive to meet the requirements for HIMSS stage 7 find that scanning and indexing at the point of care can be very complex and labor intensive," said Lynne Jones, president, EDCO Health Information Solutions. "We are pleased to work with Lexmark to provide the most efficient point-of-care scanning and indexing process in the market today."
"As hospitals continue their digital transformation and focus on becoming HIMSS Stage 7 compliant, a key component — the ability to quickly capture all medical record content — continues to be a challenge for many providers," said Brock Saladin, Lexmark senior vice president and chief revenue officer. "Lexmark is excited to partner with EDCO to provide the Solarity Connector, helping hospitals rapidly advance their technology and optimize patient care."
For the past 25 years, Lexmark International, Inc. has produced innovative printing and imaging products, business process solutions and services for customers in over 170 countries across the globe. Each of Lexmark's 13,000 employees is driven to make every client a "customer for life" through the company's industry-leading technology and world-class customer service. In 2015, Lexmark reported more than $3.5 billion in revenue. Open the possibilities at www.Lexmark.com.
Lexmark, the Lexmark logo and Open the possibilities are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Lexmark International, Inc.
For further information: Media Contact: Emily Rardin, 859-232-7818, email@example.com