MONROE, La., March 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The healthcare industry is stepping up digital transformation efforts to bolster security, deliver next-generation care options and combat major crises like the opioid epidemic. As part of the HIMSS18 conference, CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) will share insights on actionable solutions healthcare providers can implement to accelerate digital transformation and enable disruptive technologies.
Interactive Engagement Details:
- What: HIMSS 2018: CenturyLink Interactive Experience, "Connecting and Protecting the Digital Transformation of Healthcare"
- Where: Sands Expo Convention Center, Las Vegas, Booth #1469
- Date: March 5-8, 2018
Learn More about CenturyLink's Healthcare Solutions Visit Booth #1469,
March 6-8 for On-Demand Demos:
- Cybersecurity: Leveraging actionable threat intelligence to detect malicious network activity and improve cyber vigilance. Presented by: Bruce Roton, senior director, Security Solutions Architecture, CenturyLink.
- Machine Learning: Applying machine learning to bolster cyber defenses in today's healthcare threatscape. Presented by: Nathan Shanks, senior director, IT Services, Security Products, CenturyLink.
- Hybrid Connectivity: Deploying SD-WAN to better enable a virtual health infrastructure while future-proofing the network against continued digital disruption. Presented by: Dave Cooper, vice president, Global Network Architecture, CenturyLink.
- Cloud: Optimizing and simplifying deployments of cloud-based workloads across hybrid environments with CenturyLink's award-winning Cloud Application Manager. Presented by: Dave Shacochis, vice president, Hybrid IT, CenturyLink.
- Advanced Analytics: Combating the opioid crisis through data analytics. Presented by: Lieutenant General (R) John W. Morgan III, chief operating officer, EagleForce Associates and Richard Nordberg, director federal solutions, CenturyLink.
HIMSS Special, In-Booth #1469, Event, March 7, 4-6 p.m.:
CenturyLink Presents: Accelerating Digital Transformation in Healthcare to Embrace Disruption. Presented by: Lynne Dunbrack, research vice president, IDC Health Insights.
According to the study, Good Prognosis for Digital Transformation in Healthcare, prepared for CenturyLink by 451 Research in August 2017:
- 74 percent of healthcare providers say cloud services are a crucial underpinning of digital transformation in healthcare.
- 54 percent of healthcare professionals identify artifical intelligence and machine learning as the most disruptive technologies in healthcare with the potential to make a difference in the way care is delivered and administered.
- 53 percent of healthcare organizations confirm they have a formal digital transformation strategy in place.
- 53 percent of respondents said modernizing their IT infrastructure for availability,
- speed and resilience is the most important factor in enhancing their agility.
- 49 percent cited securing patient data as the most important element in managing risk as part of digital transformation.
- 41 percent of respondents included AR/VR as one of the top three disruptive technologies they would consider adopting.
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
D. Nikki Wheeler
SOURCE CenturyLink, Inc.